Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Red Red Wine You Make Me Feel So Fine

Out of the Cleanse Phase finally and into the Max Phase!    Wahoo!  Almost two inches looser in the waistline from when I measured a few days ago and way more energy. Hell to the Yeah!!

Oh and since I finished my "cleanse", my abstain-from-all-alcohol phase, I had a beer or two yesterday.  Actually I had a shot and two beers, consecutively of course but within a three hour time span which is plenty of time to process.......right?  A shot of tequila, straight with no lemon or lime or salt, just how I like it.  Just shoot it back and enjoy the burn. (Ahhhhhh....)  A beer the next hour, and one the hour after that.

I woke this morning with the worst headache I've had in a long time.  I'm assuming it was a hangover?  I am honestly confused because I don't normally have hangovers - ever.   After only a shot of tequila and two beers neatly spaced out during the course of the night, I'm wondering if it was in fact an indication of the level of my new lack of tolerance maybe?  Before the cleanse it wasn't unusual for me to buy and sip an entire bottle of red wine in a night and be fine the next day.  No hangover.  Actually in all honesty, it was nightly.  A bottle a night.  The sweet lady at my liquor store over here marks down wine every few days or so to make room for the new bottles.  The entire section is $2.99, and it doesn't matter what brand, year, or color.  I'm kind of a tightwad I'd say.  Well with five kiddos, one hardworking husband, and a severe desire to stay away from bad-for-you foods, one has to make sure the grocery list is taken care of first - then the wine. My liquor store lady (I  really wish I didn't have such a poor memory, then I could remember her name...Diane, I think), calls me "darlin".  She likes to ring it up at normal price just to tell me what kind of deal I am getting because it's kind of a game for me to find the best bottle for $2.99.  In fact, for Valentine's Day I found a bottle of dry red that had a hand stamped label.  Hand stamped with a number as to label that particular bottle of dry French red from the batch in which it originated.  I had to get it.  My lady rang it up and it came to $52.  $52!!!   I bought it for $2.99.  Ha!!

I realize that I'm a very sensory sensitive person.  Unique, just like a few of my labeled offspring.  I LOVE to feel.  Love to have my arms, feet, back, neck, sides, and just about anything "tickled".  Watching a sunset makes me feel tingly all over every single time. Strong good smells are intoxicating like a roll-your-eyes-back-into-your-head smellgasm.  Sex, food, wine, sights, touch, smells...  Indescribably amazing and highly desired.  Now I guess bad smells (we have livestock, three dogs and two ferrets so it has been known to smell bad every now and then) can really put me in a pretty shitty mood, but normally the whole sensory thing is positive.  

I guess where I'm going with this is I love to sip on something before bed.  I crave it as if it's a necessary part of my nightly routine.  Put kids to bed, pour something, drink, read, drink, watch tv, drink, try to sleep, drink... Before this challenge it was wine.  Dry red wine.  It still can be wine but not near as frequent.  The first 10 days of this challenge require a complete abstinence from all things containing alcohol.  I accomplished that, which is huge and now I feel way more in control of what I put into my body.  So I guess not only have I lost almost 2" off of my waist, I've also realized that I enjoy tea and water with lemon slices and mint leaves so very much.  Wine, as much as I love it, will be a luxury and not a bottle-a-night routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment