Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Girl Talk

It's 1:22am so I guess it's officially tomorrow (Day 10).  I can't sleep, shouldn't eat, and can't go for a run unless I want to end up on the news as a negligent parent for leaving five kiddos sleeping home alone.  Would jumping rope on the back deck look a bit crazy this time of night?

This whole gaining weight thing has been pretty difficult emotionally and not just because I have to suck it in just to button my jeans.  I've had years of belly issues and many many surgeries.  My eighth and final one, three years ago, was where I began surgically induced menopause, which is more extreme than natural menopause.  They cut me hip to hip completing my partial hysterectomy a year earlier.  No ovaries, no uterus, no cervix, and no more hormones.  The plus side was I was never going to have to have another period.  The negative side was it turned me into a raging moody turbo bitch with intense hot flashes and soaking wet take-a-shower-in-the-middle-of-the-night, night sweats. Also, the weight gain.  I've not had to worry much about how what I eat would affect my weight my entire life, but here I am at age 34 feeling like a 55 year old woman.  It kind of messes with my head sometimes.  I have to worry now about things like my bone density, taking my daily calcium and vitamin D, and my bio-identical hormones.  I'm too young for this!  Hopefully this "challenge" jump starts my metabolism and I can bring out the healthy sexy mama in me.

Thank you for pretending you didn't see the horrendously awful photos I posted the other day and sticking with me on my journey.  YOU ROCK!

P.S.  I'm down an inch on my waist from my measurement a few days ago.  Wahoo!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome girl!!! Keep up the hard work!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that u just started following me and my some times neglected Advocare blog :) Yay, we can encourage eachother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we can encourage eachother! I'll be cheering for you and your 10lb in 10 days goal. Oh and happy early birthday!

      Delete